Eva Jura is an agricultural cooperative, resulting from the merger between Jura-Bétail and Jura Conseil Elevage. It supplies bovine genetic from the Montbeliarde breed in France and worldwide.
Established in 1948, the cooperative initiates in 1952 the progeny test selection within the Montbeliarde breed. EVA Jura runs the Jura-Bétail selection program who distribute 45 new bulls a year and has highly influenced the Montbeliarde breed evolution.
Eva Jura, a well-known farm cooperative, consists of:
- More than 1,600 breeders-owning, spread over France, entrust the cooperative to follow their heifers and cows' matings, to offer artificial insemination and to develop the selection program of the breed.It’s also a sales service of livestock and the milk control service for Jura breeders.
- A board of directors who consist of 23 breeders.
- 120 employees.
- A turnover of about 11 million Euros.
- 400,000 straws are sold every year on all five continents.
- 80,000 AI done by the 21 AI technicians each year.
- 5 Sire analysts.
Montbéliarde JB, Jura-Betail selection program, is committed to:
- Diversity, among 45 new bulls created every year by Montbéliarde JB, you have choice between different profiles, genomic or progeny indexed bulls, and adjusted to each of your selection goals.
Our offer is spread by ranges: Healthy, Protein, Milk&Meat, Grazing, Crossbreeding, Milk Robot.
- Genetic variability, always aware of your priorities, Montbéliarde JB works to create new pedigrees such as APPOLO JB, ESPRIT JB, MERCKX JB, MITAL JB, NINO JB. High level and very easy to use!
- Reliability, Montbéliarde JB chose to carry on the sampling to spread and index bulls in a fairest way so we can maintain our quality level.
- Fertility, Montbéliarde JB guarantees 8 million live sperm count per straw after thawing: a real advantage and security for your herd’s fertility.